Monday, February 21, 2005

Why blog anyway??

Cafedave asks about what I'm trying to achieve with this site - what is the point of blogging? For me I think it's mostly about sharing the every day minutiae with friends around the world. One of the side effects of being far away from friends and family is that conversations become more efficient. And that can be a good thing - there are several people with whom my friendship has deepened as I've been away because we tend to try and make the most of whatever time we have. But on the other hand, friendship is also about shared everyday experiences - the filler moments so to speak. And blogging is perfect for that.

And then there's being part of an online, worldwide community. The geographic boundaries of this planet are getting looser, and I think that more and more we will find ourselves geographically remote from significant friends. One of the hardest things about making friends in Ithaca is knowing that by doing so I am setting myself up to always have friends who are far away from me. In the online world we need never be far away from the people we care about, and I suspect that is really at the heart of why I'm out here in blog land.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. See the link below for more info.

#moving
www.inspgift.com

4:26 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the movers and packers in India offer you a great range of packing services. Whether you are in need of commercial shifting or home moving, we are all set to make your moving experience a pleasing and happy one. In brief, you get each and everything under one roof.
Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
Packers and Movers in Bangalore
Packers and Movers in Chennai
Packers and Movers in Pune
Packers and Movers in Mumbai
Packers and Movers in Delhi
Packers and Movers in Gurgaon

10:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you book marked to look at new things you post… capital one credit card login

7:50 am  
Blogger Melon said...

She fell behind on home loan repayments, so the bank threatened her with foreclosure. mortgage payment calculator The following is often a yearly summary of your mortgage payments. canada mortgage calculator

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home