Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oxford

Our friend Kerry has just moved to Oxford, so we jumped on a late night bus from London to pay him a visit and explore his new home. Oxford is a wonderful town, with beautiful architecture, and an atmosphere that reminds me of the many English books I devoured as a teen. Not surprising, since several of my favourite authors wrote while living here.

Highlights
• Lunch (and dinner) at The Eagle and Child – regular meeting place of CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien and their friends, the Inklings. Classic pub food in the place where Narnia and Middle Earth were born.
• Walking around Christ Church college, feeling as if I were at Hogwarts.

Lowlights
• Still being jetlagged, sleeping late, and not exploring as much as I would have liked.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home