Tuesday, October 09, 2007

London


We landed at Gatwick airport VERY early, and decided to spend the day sightseeing in an effort to overcome the time difference. It worked pretty well, although I’m not sure I really took in much at the British Museum which we visited the first afternoon.

We also spent an afternoon wandering around Westminster and Buckingham Palace. I was a bit sad that they weren’t changing the guard, and couldn’t get a certain A.A. Milne poem out of my head.

London is a big city, and we really only touched the surface, missing a range of sights such as London Bridge and the Tower of London. Next time ….

Highlights
• Walking around the Monopoly board (an amusement lost on Matt, since the N. American version has different street names).
• The British Museum and the National Gallery – free!
• Finally seeing those famous buildings.
• Watching Man City play Fulham.

Lowlights
• Being shut out of the tube with alarms sounding. It turns out this is the normal method to ease congestion during rush hour.
• Jetlag – it’s never good when you fall asleep walking around a museum. And I mean literally falling asleep on my feet!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks...now I have the poem in my head ;) - Naturally the lowlight was that you forgot to stock up on William souvenirs at Buck' Palace... K xo

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home