Thursday, October 07, 2004

There's life in the music

Well, it's about time I actually write about my Saturday night activities, post sunset photography.

Tal asked me last week if I had heard of Michel Camilo, and being a jazz philistine, I had to say I hadn't. But he was playing in Ithaca on Saturday night, and I thought I'd go along and have a listen. And the performance was fantastic! It was actually the Michel Camilo trio, so Michel on piano (I have never (not) seen someone's hands move so fast on a keyboard), along with a contrabass player and a percussionist. It was wonderful to hear them play together, and their faces were full of joy. It was an amazingly energising experience. If you're interested, you can listen here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home