Monday, September 22, 2008

2008: Week 38

Just a short post this week, as I'm using a shared computer at the hotel and I don't want to keep the next person waiting.

On Wednesday evening we left Ottawa, arriving in Dublin on Thursday morning. Since then we've spent our time exploring the city and also learning a little about suburban life in Dublin as our hotel is about 45 minutes from the downtown core by tram. Dublin is an interesting city, but not one I think I'd like to live in. It's old, and there are lots of lovely old buildings, but the vibe is not particularly lively. The suburban sprawl was quite a surprise, especially the strip mall I saw on the way to the hotel. Perhaps if Quebec is the most European city in North America, Dublin is the most North American style city in Europe (at least in my experience).

Best of the week
- The Book of Kells and the Trinity College Library
- The Guinness Storehouse
- The Brazen Head Bar (oldest in Dublin)

Worst of the week
- Jetlag!!!
- My grandfather is unwell :(

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home