Sunday, August 03, 2008

Gone fishing

Well, not literally. But it is about time I wrote about some big changes that are just around the corner.

It's time to move on again. Matt and I have resigned from our jobs and in just a few weeks will be leaving Calgary to spend some time travelling. The exact details are still to be finalised, but our basic plan is to drive back across Canada, leave the car (and our stuff) with Matt's parents, then head to Europe for several months. We plan to be back in Australia for Christmas, and after that I suppose we will have to give up the good life and head back to work. However it's still unclear exactly where that will be. Or for me, what it will be. As I've posted previously, I'm feeling pretty burned out in my current job. I'm hoping that the time away will give me some space to think about what's next career wise. The suggestions so far involve cupcakes, coffee, and shoe shopping. I like what I hear :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adventure ahead! Your plans sound brilliant.
It might be too much to hope for, but maybe we'll have a chance to meet again in Europe. I'll be in and out of Germany a couple of times during fall and winter... All good wishes from your friend in Tokyo.

7:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home