Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Pantry inspired cooking

As we get ready to move, I'm trying to use up as much as possible from the pantry. Anything left will be inherited by our house-mates, but given what I've observed over the last two years, preparation of food that requires actual mixing of ingredients and cooking is extremely rare. I thought I'd share some of the things I'm cooking, and which ingredient(s) they are helping me finish;

- Cannelloni (6 lonely cannelloni shells, parmigiano reggiano, frozen spinach).
- Black pepper and parmesan no-knead bread (470g whole wheat flour, parmigiano reggiano, cornmeal, black peppercorns).
- Fettucine (400g semolina flour, 185g whole wheat flour, sage leaves from the garden).
- Steak with bearnaise sauce (tarragon from the garden)
- Risotto (400g arborio rice).

Now to find a way to use up condensed milk, 2 tins of passionfruit pulp, macadamia oil, puff pastry, assorted spices, and some frozen quince syrup....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Julie,

Why not just eat the condensed milk - its great. If you do not want it, send it home to me - I love it.

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home