Monday, February 16, 2004

Umbrella philosophy

Why do weekends always seem to go so quickly?

Friday night I went to see a movie with Tal and Shahal - see the right hand column for a review. Saturday was another snowboarding adventure. My companions were Abe and Tal, both on skis, and both very patient in waiting for me to catch up to them. I've discovered that there is a window each day when improvement is possible. Then I suddenly get to a point where I'm too tired, and the fall rate goes up rapidly. That's when it's time to retreat for a hot chocolate and then head home.

Today I went to church, did the grocery shopping, stopped by work to see if my cells needed attention (they didn't). Then Meinolf and I went to Borders for a coffee. Funny the things you talk about over coffee. Somehow we started talking about umbrellas, and how they must have some sort of built in system for getting lost. You can see why an umbrella manufacturer might want to include that feature. Anyway, we have decided that there must be an alternate universe which sucks in umbrellas. However, to maintain the weight of our universe, each umbrella translocation initiates a movement of rain clouds into our universe. This of course also explains the well known fact that it only rains when you don't have an umbrella.