Monday, February 09, 2004

Snow adventures

A busy day. This morning I went to church at the Ithaca Vineyard which was quite good. Had a little adventure as I drove away. We had snow, then sleet and freezing rain on Friday morning, so there was a 2cm layer of icy snow on the roof of the car. Turns out that when that layer melts a bit it comes loose, so when I put my foot on the brake, the whole sheet of ice slid forward, down the windscreen, and crashed on to the road. It was no big deal, but I did get a bit of a fright. Next time I'll be more diligent with the ice scraper.

This afternoon I went and saw Lost in Translation. Highly recommended for those of you who haven't caught it yet. Of course I waited so long that it's now out on DVD. Luckily the alternate cinema in Ithaca is showing Oscar nominated films for the next few weeks.