Monday, May 26, 2008

2008: Week 21

This was a four day work week - hooray!! Work was rather chaotic, and I didn't end up finding a lot of time to try out everything I learned at my conference last week. Instead, I spent a lot of time cleaning and reorganising our supplies, and teaching fluorescent microscopy to a few of my colleagues.

The highlight of the weekend included a keg and toga party to celebrate a friend's acceptance to medical school (no, I am not posting photos of myself in a bed sheet), a successful shopping trip to buy a frock for the wedding we're going to next week, and a Coronation Street marathon (5 episodes in a row).

Best of the week
- Spring! Lots of green and pink everywhere.
- The end of another series of French classes. I've now completed the first 9 levels at the Alliance Française. Only another 6 to go... In June I will be taking a formal exam (DELF A1). I could probably manage the A2 level, but I've never taken language exams before, so I want to start with a level I know I can pass.
- Finally starting to recover from a nagging infection I've been battling for weeks.

Worst of the week
- Rain, rain, rain. Luckily my orange umbrella with pink polka dots brightens up the grayest of days.
- Realising that I'll have to take up the hem on that fabulous new dress by Thursday night. It's rather complicated trying to pin it to the right length without help.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger cafedave said...

a friend of mine once told of a party where three different sets of invitations were sent out. group A was told the party was formal, group B that it was fancy dress, and group C that it was a toga party.

When the guests arrived, and found that their outfits didn't match everyone, groups A and B both felt uncomfortable, but the toga people - I'm told - didn't care, and had a great time.

2:56 pm  
Blogger John said...

Can an Economist measure hems?

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonne chance pour les examens!

It sounds like you're really enjoying the French classes. I'll be very interested to see how you find the exams and to catch up with you by voice and in French, perhaps!

A bientot!

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home