Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2008: Week 20

Busy, busy, busy is the best the description for the last week. On Tuesday I flew to Seattle to meet with some collaborators at the Institute for Systems Biology, and to attend a NW user-group meeting for our high throughput microscope. Unfortunately, work has been so crazy that I left with an un-started power point presentation for the talk I was scheduled to give on Thursday. I'm usually not that much of a procrastinator, but this time I was up VERY late the night before putting together my slides. Aaaggghhhh!!!

I flew back to Calgary on Thursday night so that we could get away early on Friday for our first camping trip of the season. After a few dramas with closed campsites, and very long check-in lines we finally had our spot and set up the tent. The rest of the weekend was rather laid-back, with only one hike, on an easy trail. At the top of the trail was an additional loop trail through a canyon, which we decided to try. After a fairly scary walk along the snow-covered creek-side track we came to a bridge, crossed over, and saw ... a bear! Well, Matt saw a bear (he was ahead of me), and we immediately turned around and clambered back over the ice. So there's no photo, but we made it home without an unpleasant incident.

Blogger is having trouble posting photos right now, so I'll post some weekend pictures tomorrow.

Best of the week
- Catching up with giant tropical penguin for coffee and a Gravity Pope fix.
- Getting away from Calgary for a weekend in Banff National Park.
- A long weekend! Happy Birthday Queen Victoria!

Worst of the week
- A magical mystery bus tour of Seattle trying to find a power adapter for my computer (note to self: check all computer equipment before leaving home). Eventually I managed to find the Apple store.
- Busy, busy, busy: stress, stress, stress.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home