Sunday, February 08, 2009

2009: Week 6

Last August, I walked out of the lab in Calgary, and into an adventure. This week, after almost six months of glorious unemployment, I walked into a different lab and back into the world of work. For those of you who haven't caught up on the news, I was offered a job at the University of New South Wales, and started this week.

It was a good week overall. Most of my work time was spent reading and becoming familiar with some of the software I'll be using. The project I'll be working on is really exciting, and I've enjoyed reading background material and beginning to know enough to ask questions of my own. I've also spent time starting to get to know my new colleagues - they are a great group of people and I think working with them will be a lot of fun.

Best of the week
- Morning coffee - just $2.50 and generally drunk in a lovely garden courtyard.
- Coming home each evening.
- Arriving home and discovering that dinner has already been prepared. What bliss!

Worst of the week
- The pile of things to read, which always grows faster than I can read it.
- Exhaustion in the evening - I've turned soft with all the time off, and a whole day of work really takes it out of me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home