Friday, October 20, 2006

Suitcase living

My time in Ithaca is almost over - Lyn and I fly to Las Vegas on Monday, then on Friday she is off to spend some time with a friend before heading home, while I will be going to Calgary. For now, the apartment is full of boxes and packed suitcases in preparation for the big move. I am fortunate that the person who will be subetting the apartment is moving into their own place for the first time and will take a lot of the household bits and pieces I'm not going to move.

There are several big tasks scheduled for today. Firstly, to drop 8 boxes and 3 suitcase to UPS to be shipped. I'm a little afraid of how much this might cost. Then to breakfast at the Carriage House, where Lyn still has not been (shameful indeed, as the Ithacans out there will agree). Then to the bank to deposit all that change collected over the years, and finally (and most devastatingly) to Time Warner to return the cable modem, at which point I will be mostly offline until I start work in Calgary on November 1st. So don't expect rapid replies to email (just in case you ever did). The phone will be OK until Friday when I leave the US, after that, check your inbox for new contact details. And there's an email link on the left of this page in case my work address is inactivated.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home